Now YOU'LL Wonder Where The Yellow Went

08:52:00 MoonDoggie 2 Comments


I wanted to know more about the poster advertising Pepsodent that was featured in my last post.  The musical notes surrounding the words, "you'll wonder where the yellow went" indicated there must have been an accompanying jingle.  So I went to YouTube and tadaaaa....


It dates from 1957 so is probably the one circulating the airwaves in Britain at the time the poster was on display.  There were many others, including this extended American one:


Apparently they used the same animations but just voiced them over in the appropriate accent for each country. After listening to a few, I can tell you - that jingle really does get stuck in your head!

2 comments:

  1. Love the designs! And what a time capsule to find the posters still on a wall in your previous post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with peposdent. I love that advert. I know it does get stuck in your head doesn't it

    ReplyDelete